Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It has been 8 LOOOONG Years....

It has been 8 long years since I opened my home daycare business and tomorrow is my last day! I don't know whether to cry or be totally excited that I am on my way to a new adventure in life! It is sad, but I am so glad that I got to be a part of some very special childrens little lives and I hope that I brought a little bit of caring and stability into their fragile little worlds. I have watched many of them from infancy right up to school and still see some of them around from time to time. My have they grown, but I can still recall all the quirky things they used to do. I could go on and on. I will spare you of that. But I must vent just a little, but before I do, to all you parents out there (if they ever read my blog) that allowed me to be a part of your childs life - THANK YOU! I totally enjoyed them all! Now to all of you out there that always felt the need to be late (yes I am talking to you, the one that lives around the corner from me), I know that you were home everyday by 5 pm, yet you were always late to pick up your children!! Hello - you live around the corner, DUH! To all of you that paid me late, and made me ask you to pay me - shame on you!! I was never late to open my door and feed your children breakfast, lunch, snack and sometimes even dinner! How dare you pay the person who takes care of your children late, and then have the nerve to walk in my door on Monday morning and tell me all about your fun spending spree weekend - um that was my paycheck! Please take the time to treasure your children, and stop running around like chickens with your heads cut off. Make them breakfast and get them ready to school in clothes that aren't all wrinkled, because I would undress them and iron their clothes and them send them to school (yes I am talking to you again around the corner)! Don't share your stupid stories and all of your family drama with your next daycare provider, like telling me about your sex life and all it's craziness! Stop trying to make people think you are more than you are - you can often judge a book by it's cover!! Yeah - you really can, trust me! And finally to you, the one that still owe's me money - I am almost to the point of no longer wanting to be a "nice" person anymore, so pay up!! Finally I leave you with this, Little Miss Gracie, who if it wasn't for daycare, I would of never had her in my life! These are the moments that I treasure the most! So to new beginnings!Little Miss Grace at 4 months and look at her now. All grown up at the tender age of 5. She has become my shadow, my partner in crime, sort of! The crime to torture Tommy, my husband. Oh she has him wrapped around her fingers and she's not letting go!

1 comment:

Jens Place in Space said...

I couldnt of said it better myself, I did daycare for 5 years in my home, and 90% of the parents were awesome, its the other 10 that just makes you want to scream. Good luck on your new adventures!!!! Trust me you might be sad for the first hour after they leave, you get over it quickly!!! but you never forget them either.