Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Memories...

I have lots of summer memories. But some of the ones that stand out are: catching crawfish with my sister in the creek near my Granny's house when we were younger. Boy was she ever mad - we used her drinking glasses to catch them in. Riding my mom-mom's three wheel bicycle up and down her back lane with my baby cousin tucked in the basket. Taking my first plane flight to Florida with my mom. My poor mother - I was a wreck! Going girl scout camping - that was always a blast. We went to the summer Olympics in 1996 in Atlanta. That was super cool - but it was HOT! Visiting my husbands elderly Aunts in Georgia and staying up half the night playing scrabble. We quit long before they ever did! Hiking down into the Tallulah Gorge, also in Georgia. Thought I would never make it back up out of there. That was once in a lifetime - I passed the next time they decided to do that. And lastly going to the beach! Who could forget that.

7 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Those sound like some good memories!

Me said...

Amy you are a hoot! I think we could hang! LOL

Angela V. said...

These are great memories!

Anonymous said...

What fun memories. Gosh, these are making so ready for this years summer fun!

Ellie said...

Sounds great. You had some good memories.

Helena said...

OOh fantastic summer memories!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL at the Scrabble addicts.
That is so funny.
They must have been excited to see all you walking through the door, more players! Just kidding. My MIL thinks that when we walk in.

Great memories.